Notre Dame Catholic School is composed of an elementary school for students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade; a middle school for sixth, seventh, and eighth grade students, and a high school for students in the ninth through twelfth grades. The traditions of the middle school and high school are drawn from the Sisters of Saint Mary of Namur who, in 1904, founded the original school which was known as the Academy of Mary Immaculate. In 1966, the Brothers of the Congregation of the Holy Cross joined the Sisters of Saint Mary when the school was broadened to include high school, and later middle school, age boys. This great educational tradition of academic excellence and spiritual formation remains a pillar of Catholic education serving the NorthWest Deanery of the Diocese of Fort Worth.
The present elementary school opened in the Fall of 1954 and was then known as Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish School under the direction of the Benedictine Sisters. In 1968, Sacred Heart Parish School merged with Our Lady Queen of Peace Parish School, creating a multi-parish school.
Today, students attend from these parishes, as well as Our Lady of Guadalupe, Immaculate Conception, St. Jude’s, and other churches in the surrounding area. In 1976, reorganization brought Our Lady Queen of Peace School and Notre Dame High School together under one school board and Notre Dame Catholic School was formed.